My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Thursday, January 31, 2008

This is my Delight

This is my Delight. After twenty something years of waiting, she is the fulfillment of Hope. Delight is a 15 year old Morgan. Her Registered name is BPFM prophet's Delight.

She was a surprise birthday present from my Dear Husband Tom. He sent me out for a massage and when I came home she was in a pen out back. It was the best birthday that I have ever had in my life! I hope to be able to bless him with the desire of his heart someday too.



I have had Delight for nearly 3 wonderful years. She is teaching me how to ride again and that trail riding need not ever be boring! Last summer we joined a ladies trail riding club and we rode many miles together. I am really looking forward to getting out there again this summer. Trail riding is the thing I love to do best with Delight.

My dream for the future is to go on a camping trip with her.

I call Delight my "Little Red Sports Car". She is gaited at the walk and she can walk as fast as Ted can trot ( more about Ted later!). She loves to go go go. When I have ridden her at fun shows she gets pretty excited in the arena. I am sure she has been raced before! She snorts a lot and can do a wonderful "belly flop". I think it took me a whole year of riding to figure out that she doesn't bolt and run when she flops. It scared me to death when she would jump! But her feet never move and now I just pat her neck and laugh .

When Delight came to me she was already in foal with Star, more about her later, but caring for Delight and seeing her deliver was a childhood dream come true for me.

I love this mare. She is my Delight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, I love your blog, Great job!! :D:D looking foward to seein more :p