My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

First Trail Ride

 
  This looks like  a wonderful trail
I had a very nice 2 mile trail ride on Chardoney. 
She was calm the whole time. I rode her with very little contact on the reins and in a western saddle.  She stopped a few times to look around and smell the air and to smell the ground. Went by a few things that are scary and she just cocked her ear and looked at them but trusted me completely, not even tensing up. We were with my endurance partner Sandra and her horse Tia (hot endurance horse) - actually I think Char might have helped Tia to slow down and smell the roses a little.

I didn't take a camera because honestly, I didn't know what to expect. Now I really regret it! I wish I had a pic or two. It was a VERY good ride. It was so nice to just be relaxed and not take a lesson, or work on anything, or ask her for anything. It's like walking with your best friend. I love being out on the trail so much with my horses.

I feel like this is the first time I have really gotten to "ride" my new horse. I can't say how happy I am that she likes going out on the trail without having a spookfest.

1 comment:

Tuff e Nuff said...

I'm so happy you two had such a wonderful ride! Sounds like you both needed some time to stop and smell the roses.