My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Merri Moo

Meet my new dairy goat Merri! She is a one year old grade Nubian. She is 1/8 La Mancha, but I will try not to hold it against her. I do love long Nubian ears!



I got her to be a companion for Mia. I sold Java last month to a family with little children. I don't have time for a goat without a job, so I got another doe. This Fall I will breed her as well as Mia. I suppose then I will have to decide who I am going to milk. Milking two sounds overwhelming right now!



Mia is doing very well. I tried to get some updated pictures the other day but they didn't turn out. I plan to post some very soon. Her coat is nice and shiny, and her feet are slowly getting better. She has become a very sweet goat.

No comments: