My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Monday, June 29, 2009

Mia Moo Update!

Mia is doing so well! She has grown attached to me and me to her. I have to be careful when I go outside because if she hears my voice she cries until I go and pet her. Most of the time I am happy to oblige.

I brought Merri home to be her pal, but right now she still prefers me and pushes her away. I have high hopes that they will become sisters in time. Merri has every sign of being a sweet loving goat. I can't wait to have two "mooing" for me!


Mia gives a gallon of milk a day. She gets all of the Show Chow she can eat along with a handful of grain at each milking. She also gets free choice grass hay and alfalfa. She loves to be brushed and her coat is now very shiny as a result.



Her feet are slowly coming around. I have her almost upright on one of her back feet, but the worst one still has a ways to go. Here and here is what they looked like when we got her. I trim a little off of them once a week.




I have only had her for 3 months and she has improved so much. I can't wait to see what the next 3 bring!



.

No comments: