My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Friday, December 11, 2009

Speedy Learns English


Now that my son has outgrown Speedy I need to sell him - that is the horse needs to be sold, not the boy. There is now officially no one in our house who is small enough to ride him. Sure, I do put training rides on him myself, but he is nowhere near big enough to be a regular mount for me. And grandkids, well lets just say I am hoping for some, but they are too many years away to justify letting this horse stand around.


I am praying two things. One that he will get a great home not far from me like his brother Spinner did; and two, that it will be a long long time before I ever have to sell another horse. It is heart wrenching to give him up. It isn't that I don't want another kiddo to love him, in fact that is my dream for him. What worries me is that once he is sold and the papers are signed I lose all control over what happens to him. My fear is that someday he might end up in a worse place than the one where he began.


In October I had the opportunity to send him for a month of English training. My hope is that the more rounded his training the better of a show pony prospect he will be. I am very pleased with the results. In fact, we found out that Speedy likes to jump!

Here are a couple of pictures of him with a little girl who recently came to try him out. He was a super star for her that day. I was so very proud of this little guy whom 2 years ago was starving in somebody's field!



I have a few ads out there and if he doesn't sell by Spring I may have someone ride him in a jumper show. Isn't there anyone out there who needs a pony who is practically perfect in every way?

.

No comments: