My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Monday, August 1, 2011

Dreams

I was reading a thread on a message board the other day that was titled: "Heart horse or Dream horse, which would you choose?"

When I read it, I agreed with the people who responded "Heart horse". Delight is my heart horse. I have shed many a tear in her mane and many joys too. We both make an effort to know what the other is thinking, often times with hilarious results. She has a heart as big as Texas on the endurance trail. We have had so many adventures. Unlike other horses that I have owned, I will never sell her. She is my friend.

Delight  started out as a Dream horse. I dreamed for 20 years of having a horse. The horse of my childhood was a little red quarterpony mare named "Babe". She was sold by my parents while I was in my teens and I grieved for her for years. Then there came College and Marriage and Kids... and life. To have another equine best friend was just a dream. In 2005 my dream came true when Tom bought Delight for my birthday. She quickly moved from Dream horse to Heart horse.

I now have the opportunity to own a second Dream horse. I'll share more details later, once she is here. I first saw her a couple of years ago as a three year old at one of her first Class A Arabian/Half Arabian show. She was stunning. I couldn't take my eyes of off her. I was blown away by her talent and beauty. I started to watch for her at other Class A shows and I got to know her owner/breeder. At one time I thought about purchasing her, but I decided to put training on Star instead. I thought that this horse was a superstar and way out of my league.




Over the last couple of years she has grown into a beautiful full bodied mare. I have followed her career from afar, asking for updates from her breeder. She was sold once. I never thought I would see her again. I was excited when she came back to her breeder. Then she was sold a second time. I got to meet her new owner and we hit it off. I was very happy that she had found such a kind, loving person.

Now she is for sale again. I am excited because this time I have the opportunity buy her.  Just like Delight, she is a once in a lifetime Dream horse. I have high hopes she will soon become a heart horse too.

.

No comments: