My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Morning Chores:

My Morning Chores.

I wake up drink my coffee and realize it is in the 20's outside. I put every layer of clothes on that I own, then head down to the barn.

With Lyn's help I move 14 (thousand) horses from their stalls and paddocks to the pastures. My fingers and toes start to freeze and I can't feel the front of my thighs. Dang, I should have put those longjohns on. At least the sun is out and there isn't any wind.

Next I break  2" of ice in the water trough and pitch it out. Hmmm I am feeling warmer now. Gee that sun feels nice. Unzip Carhart coat.

I walk briskly back to the barn and by the time I am there I shed my coat. I have nine (billion) stalls to clean. Time to crank the Country music up in the barn. Then I start on the First stall. Oh that sun feels good. It's 30 degrees! I take off my vest.

Second stall... work work work. Man, I am getting warm! Hat comes off. I can feel my thighs!

Third stall, oh boy, it is officially above freezing. I have toes and fingers now.

Fourth stall - you can see where this is going, right? Off comes the scarf and my sleeves are rolled up.

Fifth stall... hey you guys have dirty minds! Nothing else comes off! But I am now nice and toasty, muscles limber and enjoying a beautiful cold Winter morning. I think to my self, "What a wonderful job I have!"

No comments: