My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Horse Expo 2012


Chardoney was a hit at the Expo!

She took about 1/2 hour to settle in, running from side to side looking at everything and even throwing in a "Hi-ho-Silver" or two. Once she discovered her food, she got down to business of being a fine example of the Arabian/Half-Arabian breed. Many people stopped to admire  her and asked lots of questions.

I gave kids treats to give her and she soon learned to be on the lookout for pint-sized treat dispensers. Chardoney was always a lady and didn't become pushy or grabby. In fact, it seemed like treating her made her settle down and show her sweetest side.

One little guy in particular touched my heart. He was so gentle and Chardoney took a close interest in him. He looked like he was seeing the most wonderful creature on earth. He reminded me of the joy that I felt as a child when I was able to even touch a horse. It made me appreciate the gift my horses are to me all the more.

No comments: