My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Tough Sucker II


Last weekend a bunch of my friends, Tom and Chase and I  traveled to Oreana for our first official Endurance ride. I rode Delight. Tom and Star went out on their first ride ever for both of them. The distance was 25 miles. It was a beautiful day.


Unfortunately Star thought she was full of rocket fuel. She jigged the whole first loop - which was 16 miles long!  So she was pulled at the vet check for being too tired. Tom was very disappointed and I don't blame him, it was a letdown after all of the training he has done with Star. They will be heading back out on training rides and getting ready to try again next time.


Delight was her wonderful experienced self. We finished a comfortable 18th place with 30 min left on the time clock, exactly where I wanted to finish. I was hoping for a nice slow ride to start the season out.


Chase brought along his friend Autumn and together they did an awesome job of helping out with all of the chores and horses. They also gave each of  them their traditional unicorn horns for good luck.

No comments: