My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Friday, December 5, 2008

Fun


So I had a bit of fun this afternoon with my Delight. First, I brushed her down and picked out her feet. I noticed that she was getting a bit of a mohawk , so I decided to trim her bridlepath. She doesn't tolerate clippers on top of her head, so I was trimming it with scissors. My friend who was watching me said, "Why don't you just use the clippers, they are laying right there?"

"Well, she has never let me use them on her head before... " I said, as I reached for the clippers.

I reached up and I'll be darned if she didn't let me trim her bridlepath, the long hairs coming out of her ears and her whiskers! It was the first time ever! I hope she remembers the next time I need to trim her for a show! You think she will??


I couldn't find anyone to hit the trails with me so i just plunked around Lyn's place.





I was pretty proud of myself... I rode Delight all alone on the backside of Lyn's hill. We couldn't see the barn or the pastures. I guess it was only a 20 minute ride but it is the longest/farthest I have ridden her out alone. She didn't get too antsy and I stayed relaxed and we had fun!

1 comment:

Tuff e Nuff said...

OMG it's still green there! It looks like a lovely place to ride.