My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Monday, December 22, 2008

My Drug of Choice


I went for a trail ride today along the canal road. The snow was about 5-6" deep. I have ridden a horse in the snow before, but this was my first time riding Delight. She was pretty fresh, but once I let her out a little she settled and we had a great ride. I rode in a bareback pad and a plain grazing bit.

I had a friend along who was riding a green horse who was also pretty fresh... I won't say toooo much in case Lyn is reading this post. He did a great job, though and once he got his mare settled and we had fun plowing new trails.

Every time I ride my horse I feel like I have just taken the most wonderful drug. I come back relaxed and happy. All is right with the world.

No comments: