My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Riding out

I had a wonderful ride on Friday that I thought I would share. I rode Delight out for almost two hours.

During the first part of the ride after we were warmed up we did some cantering on an area that had been plowed and leveled. The footing was perfect. Delight seemed to be listening pretty well so I decided to canter her straight up the hill. It was the first time I have ever done that. What fun!

Then, we moseyed all around Lyn's place and headed down the canal bank.

Photobucket
The mountains in the distance are where Bogus Basin is located.

It was the longest and farthest we have ever ridden out alone.


Photobucket
Sheep corral

This is an old sheep corral. In the foreground is a bridge across the canal. I was tempted to ride over there and look around, but I think I will ask permission first. I think it looks like there are lots of interesting things to see over there! I need to do it before the grass grows high and the snakes come out of hibernation for sure!


Photobucket

.

No comments: