My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Monday, November 29, 2010

Winter Is Here!

We have had some pretty cold temperatures and now a few inches of snow. Winter is officially come to Idaho.

 Moving hay from the hay barn down to the paddocks

I really enjoy the snow. I think, If it is gonna be cold, it might as well snow so we can enjoy it!

The horses don't seem to mind. In fact they are friskier than usual when the temperature drops. I have decided to go ahead and blanket Tawshi, however.  Of my 3 horses she is the only one who shivers sometimes when it is cold.


Delight and Star just walk around with a blanket of snow on their backs. I suppose if there is snow on the roof, the house is well insulated. I love their warm fuzzy winter coats. They are my living teddy Bears!

Tom and Star

One of the things I enjoy most about my horses is how very affectionate they are.  All three of them gently vie for attention and scratches when we go into their paddocks. Most of the time they will come right to me for attention. Pick me! Pick me! They seem to say.

 Pick ME!





                             
                                                                                                  

 Ok, I choose you both!






1 comment:

Tuff e Nuff said...

LOVE IT! Please keep the snow though!