My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Monday, May 19, 2008

Horse Camping

We had some unseasonable warm weather this weekend. On Saturday it was over 90* during the day and it was supposed to be in the mid 60's that night, so my oldest daughter and I decided to "camp" out in the pasture with the horses. We threw a bunch of blankets into the bed of the pickup truck, put on some warm jammies and drove out into the pasture.

Easiest camping trip I have ever packed for!

I think Star was wishing she was a dog or a cat do that she could snuggle in with us. At least 4 times during the night I was awakened by her laying her head on my side, or with her horse breath blowing softly into my face. I really didn't mind being awakened so many times. Star never offered to even open her lips to grab the blankets. She just wanted hugs.

In the picture below she is reaching over me and gently nuzzling Amelia, who is purring and enjoying her attention.

Star is such a sweet, sweet horse.

No comments: