My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sam

I have waited too long to introduce this guy...

This is Shezada Saheem- "Sam". He is a 6 year old Egyptian Arabian.

Sam belongs to my friend Lyn and I love him tooo much for a horse that I don't own! He is a really special horse. I believe that if he lived 'way back in the bedouin days that he would have been one of the horses that actually could live in the tent with the family. He is a very gentle and kind horse.

Last summer I had the privilege of starting Sam under saddle. Once he got to a place where I felt like he needed a "real" trainer to take him further Lyn sent him off for 90 days of training.

Since he has been back he has really taught me a lot about how to ride, and about some of the things needed to finish a horse. I get to take my riding lessons on him. I know that one of these days he is going to teach me about cantering a green horse. Hopefully that will be soon!

Sam's for sale... if his prospective buyer can get past all of the extra requirements I have for them! Just kidding... well, kinda...

Actually, I have every confidence Lyn will find him just the right home as he has wormed his way into her heart too - maybe even more than he has mine, if that's possible!



No comments: