My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Walk in the Sun

So the latest inversion has blown out and we has some sun today! I celebrated the blue skies by grooming Speedy and Star and then taking each for a walk down the road. It did my winter worn spirits some real good!

I can feel the seasons turning... I swear I can! Stay tuned for the first sign of Spring because I am already looking!


I have been enjoying getting Speedy ready for his new home. I have been riding him, teaching him a few leg cues and neck reining. Now when I go out to the pasture, he thinks *I* am his person and he come walking right up to me! He is a sweet patootie! I hope he gets a kiddo who wants a pony to spend time with, because he sure likes to be with people.


Here is the view that I will be having by the end of the summer.... the view between my Starry's ears! No, I wasn't riding her today. But, it won't be long!

After Speedy is sold I will be able to begin training my "perfect" horse as John Lyons would say. It is so nice to ride a horse that you know what cues are there, because you put them there yourself.

I hope I still have enough youthful nerves to get this girl going well under saddle. I have learned so much from training the Blazers... I hope I can apply it all to my Star.

1 comment:

Tuff e Nuff said...

I love those pics. Star still looks like a baby from her ears. lol