My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Goals Part One

Figure, the Justin Morgan horse. The one who started it all...

So I have been thinking about some goals I would like to have for this year. Yes I know it is February already, but the sun is finally coming out, and so am I ... well sort of.

I have signed up fo the Morgan Horse Pathways program. I will be keeping track of the hours I spend riding and training Delight and Star. The first award starts at 75 hours. I think I can do that this summer, right? I hope the first award is a Tshirt... I have a feeling it will be a teeny tiny little lapel pin.

In order to join this program and win my prize: I had to register as a member $70, pay to enter the Pathways program $45, and work my butt off for a pin or a t-shirt worth less than 15 bucks.

Priceless.


The hours are cumulative and roll over from year to year, which is great but there is one catch - I have to be a member every year at 70 dollars a pop. Doesn't seem quite fair does it? I won't be breeding or showing at any rated shows, so there isn't really any reason for me to pay all of that money. Lessee that is...... 70/12 = ..... Five dollars and 83 cents a month.

I think I can afford that for a little bitty pin! Or maybe one of these:


I have a couple of other goals in mind too. I probably won't get any prizes for these goals, unless I buy a prize for myself, which is always a possibility!

So here they are. I am going to post them so that in the middle of the summer when I am being a big fat baby chicken I can look back and be inspired.

1) Get Star going well under saddle
2)Lope lope lope on Delight get over my fear of loping
a)continue with lessons
3)Get Delight (and myself) fit and go on a BIG trail ride, or CTR or whatever
4)Concentrate on learning to ride with my seat and with my feet
a)lessons!
5)Earn at least the first Morgan Pathways program's first award.

And always remember......

No comments: