My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Friday, December 17, 2010

Ready For The Jumping Show and a Saddle

So no cantering on Tacki today although mentally I absolutely could have. We set up some jump standards and ground poles and I worked on getting Tacki and Delight used to them for the show tomorrow. Delight will be a piece of cake as long as I ride her "Western" on a loose rein. Tacki was really concerned, but she never refused and did her best to trust me. I love riding that mare, she is such a pleasure to ride even in her greenness.

I tried out a Wintec AP saddle today. It fit Delight and Tacki well. It is not my dream saddle but I think it might be a good transition-to-English-Endurance-type-saddle. When I am riding in it I feel like I am driving a Chevette with vinyl seats. My dream saddle will fit me more like a Jaguar. Unfortunately it will cost like one too. So, all that to say it's not real comfortable but I think it will do. It is 175oo. Of course I don't have the money right now. I am thinking about asking the tack shop where I have my western saddle on consignment if they want to buy it outright.

So tomorrow I will be going second up in the whole show. I am right behind Mr Mitleider. I was sure to thank Nancy for that honor. >.<

I haven't ever memorized anything but a trail course since I was 16. I figure if I can get the horses to actually trot the course in the right order I will be happy. I am thinking of using the English Wintec on Delight... we'll see how brave I am.


No comments: