My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Saddle

I am in the process of buying a new saddle. It's my first English saddle ever. When I was a kid I rode English quite a bit, but never owned my own saddle.

It's a brown Wintec 500 All Purpose.


I am hoping it will serve two purposes. Number one I want to continue learning to ride dressage. I have been learning that dressage is a wonderful cross training for endurance.

Number two, if I can get confident enough riding in it I would like for it to be a future endurance saddle. It fits all of the horses I ride without having to add padding. I love the cordura Western saddle I have been riding in, it is as comfortable as they come, but I have to heavily pad it in the front. This adds weight and also adds heat to the horse's back.

I'll share some observations about it as I go along. So far so good. I have ridden Tacki and Delight in it at a walk and a trot, and it is the saddle I was riding Delight in at the jumping clinic. I still need to canter in it. That darn canter! Actually I just haven't had a good opportunity yet. Soon. I promise myself!

No comments: