My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Hate Animal Abuse

WARNING GRAPHIC PICTURE....

I hate animal abuse. I don't care if it is committed against a kitten, a horse, dog, or even an animal bound for the slaughter house. I believe that we have a moral obligation to all life to protect, preserve and honor. No, I am not a vegetarian. I eat meat. But I believe that even our animals destined to be harvested for food deserve dignity, respect and kindness.... but I am headed for a tangent here.

Today I went with Tom on a service call into the mountains. We pulled over to the side of the road right before we went into a pass so that we could make a few phone calls before we lost reception.

We had the windows rolled down and we heard a vehicle coming that was making a funny noise. It pulled around us and parked in the restaurant parking lot. The "funny noise" was coming from a dog's carcass that he was dragging behind his truck. The dog was tied to his bumper by a piece of bailing twine by his hind leg. this was NO accident. He didn't tie a dog by it's hind leg and then then "forget" it was there!

Tom took a picture while I called the sheriff. Actually I have called them three times today. It seems that Scumbag lives in the mountains and the Sheriff was in another part of the county today. They promised me they would go visit him tomorrow.

Sigh. I have emailed the officer this picture and I gave him a good description of what this monster looks like. I hope they do something. If they don't I might just send my little picture to the TV station....

No way this is an accident. NO WAY!

No comments: