My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Friday, February 20, 2009

Horse Affairs 2009

I took several photos today with my cell phone at the Horse Affairs that I thought I would share.


9 month old Gypsy Vanner colts. Only 7500.00!



Cody with Richard Shrake

One of the most exciting things that happened was that Cody and I had several minutes with Richard Shrake before the Horse Affairs even opened. We were just walking down the aisle, and I was wearing an exhibitors badge (I was helping with the Arabian horse exhibit) and it caught Richard's attention. We stood and talked to him for a long time and Cody shared about starting and training his horse Speedy. Richard shared some of his first training memories, from when he was about Cody's age.

Later Cody and I attended some of his seminars and Richard kept talking to Cody. "Cody do you hear I am saying? Do you understand what I mean Cody? You have to...." He was very grandfatherly to him! He signed a book for him saying, "See you in the winner's circle Cody." What a nice guy.

I introduced myself to Julie Goodnight before the show opened too. I was so surprised to see her there and not a crew setting up for her that my mind went blank. I meant to tell her a few ways that her show had encouraged and helped me... but all I could stammer out was, "Hi Julie, I love your show. Welcome to Boise."

I felt like a pimply teen aged boy trying to ask his first crush to the dance. Gah.

I did shake her hand, however. I don't think I will ever wash it again.


Julie Goodnight teaches about Horse Psychology

Here's a candid cell cam pic of Stacy Westfall. I choked so badly when I introduced myself to Julie Goodnight that I didn't even speak to Stacy. I hope tomorrow before the show opens I have the nerve. I need one of my B(r)itches friends to egg me on I guess...


StacyWestfall

Here Cody points out some really cool longhorn horns for his Dad. I had my eyes fixed on the chinks below the horns. Wow I really want a pair of those!


And last but not least, (although probably the smallest), there was a baby service monkey being cared for in the booth across the way from the Arabian horse booth where we were.

As a rule I don't like monkeys, but this tot was so very, very cute!


What are those beady little eyes planning?

.

1 comment:

Char said...

I would never pay 7000 for either of these colts, even if they are "gypsies" they just didn't have good enough confo to justify that price IMO. They were also very very timid, huddled in the corner most of the time.

They were there all weekend and still weren't curious and relaxed by Sunday. Give me my 300 dollar Blazers any day over these two Fabios!