My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Friday, February 13, 2009

A Small Visitor

I love sharing my horses with horse crazy little girls! Today I had a pint-sized visitor who came and helped me do all of my chores, and then (of course) she got to go for a ride!

This is my great niece. I can't believe I am old enough to be a "great" anything. I remember as a kid that all of my "greats" were ooooooold people!

This is Caddy, one of my favorite hens. Caddy is an old lady - 6 years old!



First she brushed Speedy up, and he tried to eat her hat.




All I had at the house was a bareback pad, so she didn't get to ride "all by herself" but she didn't mind. I hooked up some reins for her, although the reins didn't really serve any purpose except for her to feel like a big girl. Her grandma (my Sister -in-law) got some pics with a big smile, but this was the best she got with my cell phone.

My niece is concentrating hard in this picture! She really wasn't scared at all. In fact, I would like her to be a little more scared. She is so brave!

Speedy is saying "Lets go!", or maybe he is trying to eat my mitten, or maybe both!

I lead her around for about 1/2 an hour or so. This girl LOVES horses! She kept reaching down and patting Speedy on the neck. This summer I am going to try to talk her parents about letting me enter her in a leadline class.

.

No comments: