My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Friday, February 1, 2008

The Boys

Tawshi became my daughters birthday present and then finally, my Delight came to be my heart and my forever horse.

In October of last year I saw a flyer that advertised 200+ horses for sale at a "production" auction.


It broke my heart. I decided I wanted to do something. The result was a long journey of following my heart and doing my best to get the word out about these horses.

As a result (long long story goes in here) we rescued two Blazer geldings, now named Speedy and Spinner.

I journaled most of the story at Horse Training 101. Here are some links:

Blazer auction:

We are going to get 2 Blazers!

Blazer pictures from the auction lot.

Speedy and Spinner's Big Day.

I also keep a detailed training journal at 101.

I love these two horses. They now belong to number 2 daughter and number 6 son. They have come a long way in the last two months, from not being handled to being ridden for the first time by the kids themselves! I will be sharing more about these two wonderful ponies!

Here they are getting their first look at their new home:a first look


Spinner - registered name "Taffy's Spinner"
Spinner eye
Speedy - registered name "Blaze's Asset"
1st day  Speedy

I will be sharing a lot more about these two!

No comments: