My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sweet Delight

I created my blog to ramble on about my horses, and I haven't done much of that lately. So, I thought I would at least try to fix that!

Here is a recent picture of my Delight. She has such a sweet expression here it makes my heart melt! I am so lucky to have her. I waited such a long time for her - over 20 years! I wondered over the years why God would give me such a passion for horses only to live my life without them.I know now that I only needed to wait on His timing.

One of the biggest things I have learned about God since having horses in my life again is that He really does care about the secret desires of our hearts. Sometimes His answer is "Not Yet." Sometimes the answer is even, "No." But, I can tell you that He cares even about silly things like horses, because I know He cares about our hearts.

I used to believe that all God cared about was that I show Him how much I love Him by following all of the Rules. In addition, if I would sacrifice all of my wants and desires, surely He would be Pleased and I would be called a Good Christian.

Oh yeah, and People would be pleased too.

When I first got my horses back I used to feel guilty. After all, the money could be going for 100 other more "godly" pursuits. Delight is the first thing of any real temporal value that I have ever owned. I'd never even had a car in my own name before I got her. I didn't know how to act or think when my first horse arrived.

Now, as I search my heart I am realizing that God cares even less about things than I ever suspected. He especially cares less about things like Rule Following and What People Think. His desire is Relationship with me, with each one of us.

And lucky for me, sometimes He uses beautiful things like horses to teach us that.

Sweet Delight is mine.

4 comments:

Musicmamaof9 said...

Isn't God GOOD?!?! He was the author of your life-long passion for "horsies", and now He *delights* in giving you the desires of your heart. He takes *pleasure* in your love for His beautiful creatures.

Thanks for sharing!
Love,
Patrice

Elias said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elias said...

Sorry I deleted my last comment, just said some stuff wrong ahaha
But anywhoo just letting you know I DO read your blog. I do agree that expression on her face is the sweetest expression I have ever seen on a horse. And this here post of yours kinda touched me, you know me (of course), and I probably don't show or say this a lot but It did, and what you told me last night before I went to bed also touched me. :D

*crys*

Char said...

Thanks you guys.

Patrice, do you remember that question from Doug's catechism - "Why were you created?"

"I was created to love God and enjoy Him forever"

I think if we enjoyed God and allowed Him to enjoy us more often a lot more people would be drawn to this thing called Christianity.

It is a good thing to enjoy Him and to enjoy the gifts He places in our lives, whatever those gifts are!

Char