My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Friday, February 1, 2008

Tawshi


Tawshi is a 2001 grey Arabian mare. She was my second try at finding the horse of my dreams. We bought her late in the same year that we got Ted. She was a young 3 years old. She was small, but everyone I talked to said she would grow and that her height wouldn't present a problem for me.

I remember when I first met Tawshi. The thing that first drew me to her was her heart. It seemed like she reached out to me and told me she wanted to come home with me. We had to make payments on her and she stayed at the breeder's until she was all paid for. I drove one hour down to see her and the one hour back at least 3 times a week. She was so beautiful! I loved everything about her Arabian-ness; Her floaty trot, her high tail carraige, her big soft eye, everything!

I broke her to ride at the same time as Ted the next summer. When it came time for me to really work her though I realized that she probably wouldn't be able to handle carrying my weight plus the weight of all of the tack on long trail rides.

In the meantime, my oldest daughter caught the horsie bug. (See a pattern here yet?)

No comments: