My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Friday, February 22, 2008

Es-cop-ay, or Three Big Chickens

No pictures from today, but I sure wish I had some!

Charlotte decided she was tired of the pig sty she was living in and went to go visit the horse sty.

Our farm is currently temporarily under a Governor's State of Muddy Emergency, but that is another story...

One of the kids went out for the 4PM check on the pig family and found the gate to the pen swinging wide open. He got to the shed and the door was busted down and Ma Pig was nowhere in sight!

They hear her grunting and found her in the pasture buried in the mud under the horses loafing shed. She was a sight, covered in mud!

Tawshi was standing near the gate about 10 feet from Charlotte. But, Ted, Delight and Star were big chickens! They were standing all huddled up in the far corner! 'Fraidy cats! What a sight!

Ted: "You go Delight, you are the lead mare!"
Delight: "No, YOU go Tawshi, I command it!"
Star: "Yeah! You go Tawshi! My Mom commands it!"
Tawshi: "You guys are a bunch of chickens! I'll go."

Star: "Look! She TOUCHED the pig!"

Charlotte was easily herded back into her pen, much to the relief of the piglets who had long since resigned themselves to starvation.

No comments: