My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Monday, February 4, 2008

A visit from a Boy


A friend was over recently with her grandson and of course he wanted to go out and see the "horsies," so I happily obliged. How can you resist a cute kid? I was wanting to take some pictures of the horses and I needed a "safe" spot to set the kiddo down. I don't think the horses minded too much, do you?

Delight is saying, "Can you please stand still??"
Star, "Does he get to stay?"
Ted, "Move over, you are standing my my hay kid!"

See how big Star is getting? I wasn't able to get the good updated pictures I wanted, but this one gives a little bit of an idea.
Star has a wart. I'm sure she got it from the cows. She loves the cows. When she was younger she would stand against the fence line and allow them to lick the salt off of her. I have a picture somewhere....

With the cattle we just cut the wart off and the summer sun finishes off the cure. With this being so close to her eye I think I will have the vet do it when he comes out to give Spring shots.

Star has such a kind eye. I think it reflects her loving temperament.

I am so grateful to have horses in my life again!

1 comment:

Elias said...

Who was that little boy. He was a really nice little kid!

Katys Boy?