My Partner is Delight

My Partner is Delight
Heading into the great unknown

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Time Warp


I experienced a time warp today.

I went outside at 11AM this morning to check on all of our animals, fill water troughs, feed chickens.

When I came inside it was almost 3PM!

I had totally forgotten about lunch, thirst, and restroom breaks.

It was 55* today. The birds were singing. The air was fresh. The sun was shining. I decided to brush muddy horses. I started with Spinner, then it was Delight's turn.

I never got another horse groomed.

I decided to give Delight the Spa treatment. I brushed her. She is starting to shed, so I curried her. Then I decided her feet and legs were dirty so I hosed them off.

I noticed she was sweating on her chest a little on this warm day, so I hosed it off too. I figured if she was sweating she was warm enough to get a little wet, right?

See where this is going yet?

I shampooed her tail and her mane and rinsed them. I washed her face with a wet towel. Everything got washed but her mid section. I combed out her tail and mane. I even broke out the Show Sheen.

Poor Delight.

Before I knew it my horse was Mostly Clean and my day was Mostly Gone.

I love it when that happens.

No comments: